Weather update: It’s still cold. And rainy. So this recipe is perfect for people who are trying to get lean but still crave warm, cozy foods. Even though it may seem like a hearty meal, it’s actually pretty light and low-carb.
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 large onion
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- 1/3 cup kefir
- 1-2 tbsp greek yogurt
- salt, pepper, ground coriander, dried thyme, cumin seeds (optional) – to taste
- mixed greens
- Steam or boil the cauliflower until tender. Insert a fork to check.
- Drain well and use a fork or a food processor to mash it.
- Add greek yogurt for a creamier consistency and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet. Sautée the onion and garlic until they become fragrant.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for another 7-8 minutes.
- Add the grated parmesan and kefir and mix well. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, and the other spices.
- Serve hot with the mashed cauliflower and mixed greens.