I made these paleo energy bites a while ago, and now that I’ve finally finished eating all of them I decided to share my recipe. You only need a few ingredients and 10-15 minutes. So even if you’re a busy person, you have no excuses not to try these amazing treats.
- 2 cups date paste
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- lemon extract
- the lemon zest of one lemon
- Combine everything in a blender or a bowl and mix well. You should get a pretty sticky ‘dough’.
- Flatten it out and freeze for 30 min.
- Cut into bars or bite-size pieces.
- Enjoy in smoothie bowls, with yogurt or when you need a mid-afternoon pick-me-up.