These muffins are packed with protein and healthy fats, and make a perfect grab-and-go lunch. Or you could have them even as a snack. They also contain complex carbs from the corn & whole wheat tortilla and baby spinach. The best part about these egg muffins is that you can make them the night before, and enjoy them cold or hot the next day.
× 3 eggs
× 2 corn & whole wheat tortillas
× 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
× 150 g french herbs cream cheese
× one handful of baby spinach
× 4 tsp chives, finely chopped
× salt, pepper, garlic powder; to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Cut the tortilla into small circles using a water glass. Brush them with olive oil. Place the small tortilla circles in muffin tins.
- In a bowl beat the eggs, then add the cream cheese, baby spinach, and chives. Mix well. Season to taste with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Pour the egg mixture into your muffin tins.
- Bake until the eggs are set and golden brown.