Granola is the breakfast food I never fail to come back to. I could have it every morning and still wouldn’t get bored. However, the store bought kind contains lots of sugar and additives. Don’t get me wrong, I love it as much as you do, but because I care about my health, I prefer to make my own. And dare I say…this homemade paleo granola is far more delicious than the one I used to buy.
This recipe is paleo, but you could totally make it vegan. Just replace the honey with agave nectar.
× 1 cup walnuts, chopped
× 1 cup almonds, sliced
× 1 cup hazelnuts, cut in half
× 1/3 cup chia seeds
× 1/3 cup flax seeds
× 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
× 1/2 cup dried cranberries
× 1/2 cup dried dates, chopped
× 1/2 cup coconut flakes
× 1/2 cup prunes, chopped (optional); great for people with digestion problems (they make you poop 💩).
× 1/2 cup raisins (optional); I know people hate raisins, but I think they are delicious.
× 1 tbsp honey
× 2-3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- In a large bowl combine walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts, chia seeds, flax seeds and sunflower seeds. Mix well.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the mixture evenly.
- Drizzle oil and honey so everything is coated.
- Bake at 180°C/350°F for 8-10 minutes.
- Let it cool completely.
- Combine the nuts and seeds mixture with dried fruit and store in a sealed airtight container.
- Enjoy with almond milk (or greek yogurt if you’re not following a paleo/vegan diet).